This is an intellectual spin off from Emily Goes Blogging. You can find Emily's original blog at http://emilygoesblogging17.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Feeling Humbled

The countdown has begun...only a month left until school starts! Recently I made a donation page on gofundme.com asking for help in gathering money so I could buy children's books for my classroom. 

When I first posted the link to the donation page, I had a preconceived idea of who might donate. However, my preconceived idea was completely wrong. I got donations from people that I thought were long gone from my circle. In the course of going to college, my friends from home all moved away and grew up. It was not until I received donations from two special people from my past that I realized that maybe my circle was bigger than I thought. Or maybe the higher power of children was the true meaning. 

Despite my ramblings, I am completely humbled at how many people want to support my dreams, my future, and my students' future. Humanity constantly surprises me, and for that I am glad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment